View Single Post
      02-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #136
SilverlakeZ4
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck I View Post
Hey... I was just looking... There are a couple of ways to check to see if you have the cable for the sport button... 1) Check to see if you have the IVM module (see Ron's #42 post). If you do, then open it up and check pin 20 of connector X60191. If it has a Blk/Red/yellow wire on it, then that cable is buried in there some place.... 2)If you don't have the IVM module, open the cover over your DME and check connector X60004 pin 1 for a Blk/Red/Yellow wire (see Ron's #50 post). Again, if that wire is there, the cable is buried in there someplace... Hope this helps... Chuck I
Hi Chuck I,

I'm new to the forum and just recently purchased an 05 3.0i. It's an automatic with an 12/04 build date. Having read through this whole post about adding the sport button, I have a question. If I don't have a VM, and the 1 pin in #6004 is empty, is there no way to retrofit the button without running all the wiring? I've looked under the shift cover, but haven't taken the whole center console apart yet. Didn't want to go through the trouble if knowing that 6004 pin 1 is empty means it's a no go anyway.

Thanks,
Ian
Appreciate 0