09-21-2010, 01:16 PM   #133
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachss View Post
For the N52 equipped Z4's I really don't think there's a cheaper option than something like the Sprint Booster or BMS Powerbox. Both are around $300 and both provide multiple levels of throttle sensitivity including the "always on" folks have been asking for. Alternatively, ECU reflashes that affect throttle sensitivity, among other things, are now becoming more commonly available for the N52.

The one thing these don't affect is the steering response. I suspect someone would have to hack around with our electric steering systems to access this aspect of the sport button as well.
You may be right, but I hope not. I do agree that the real question is if it could be done economically. I would think that someone like Diokaef may be able to build a plug in chip/circuit/? which would automatically activate the sport function when the car was turned on. This would also increase the steering resistance which for me would be an additional positive.