05-11-2012, 05:32 PM   #443
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
Please, the guy had BMW X1 written in the 'Drives:' information and deleted it. Obviously, it's someone who wants to see this thread closed and I think he will succeed if you guys still keep helping him.

The 1965 Toyota Sports 800 was the first and up until now the ONLY 'modern era' Front-engine, Rear-wheel-drive sports car featuring a boxer engine (0.8 liter 2-cylinder, 580kg curb weight ). The Sports 800 was also one of the first production cars featuring a lift-out roof panel, or targa top, pre-dating the Porsche Targa. Weight was kept down by using aluminum on selected body panels and thin steel on the unibody construction. For the first few years of production even the seat frames were made of aluminium. That's the Toyobaru heritage:

However, the handling benchmark was the mid-engine Porsche Cayman despite the fact that the Toyobaru's center of gravity (17.7 inches high) is one inch lower than a Cayman's. They tried to copy the Germans after all!
OK. Tracus is added to my troll list. Keep the constructive discussion going and stop feeding the troll!