View Single Post
      10-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #794
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Initial impressions:

I received the DKF parts and had very little time to work with them before I was scheduled to bring my car into a fabrication shop for the half cage project I had been working on.

I had enough time to remove my current exhaust system and install one DKF configuration. Since we had we had all heard the clip of the Race mufflers with the Street resonators, I decided to install the Sport mufflers with the Street V2 resonators

So here are some just some quick notes, not yet a full review. My car is supposed to be done Friday. Once I get it back I will resume testing configurations

-Quality fit and finish are better than other exhaust system components I have installed to this point.

-One of my favorite features is the race clamp the DKF system uses at all of the flanges in the system. These little clamps make the installation/un-installation much quicker than any other system I have worked with & create a great seal between flanges.

-I was able to remove/change the resonators leaving the rest of the exhaust system fully intact. This is a plus because it is easy to switch back and forth between cats/straight pipes/resonators depending on needs (ie emissions testing/track days/sound)

-Sound. The only sound testing was performed while my car was up on jack stands with suspension removed, so I was unable to drive and get the full effect. That being said, my initial impression is very good. The Sport muffler/Street V2 resonator combo had a nice deep bark and rumble. It reminds me of the sound coming from the engine bay of and S54 powered car with the full CSL intake and Alpha-N tune. It was not as loud as my RPI set-up, but still retained the raw motor sport burble and pop when quickly letting off the gas that I so love. If it sounds this good out on the road and under load, I think many will prefer this set-up. For my tastes, I going to predict that I will prefer the race.

-I was able to achive perfect alignment with the tips/bumper
Attached Images