03-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #175
beta
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgolf31 View Post
Are these going to be SA or DA shocks?
SA with both compression and rebound adjusting together. Most SAs have compression set and only let you adjust rebound (including MCS and TCK).

From Ohlins:

Quote:
Damping rate on the R&T units is fully adjustable and ties compression and rebound together as a matched setting, meaning that in 99% of cases, the units will work superbly, straight ‘out of the box’ with only the smallest adjustments required to suit the car or drivers individual preferences. Despite what other suspension manufacturers may tell you, comfort is king, even when you are trying to set-up a competition machine. Our vast experience on events like the World Rally Championship and Isle of Man TT races has shown us that the fastest drivers and riders are those that aren’t being shaken to bits as they go flat out. The ‘science of compliance’ is a hugely important part of our design work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestheticstorm View Post
Does lead time = pay time? If not, when are we expected to pay?
Don't have exact dates but payment will probably be a 50% deposit when they start building the kits at the factory. Personal experience tells me that the deposit will happen 4-8 weeks before delivery of the product to your hands, but as of right now there are no set dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjw View Post
Sorry that I'm a bit behind the curve here, but where does this GB stand in terms of timeline to commit, when $$$ would be due, etc.? Sounds very intriguing, but having just bought my '07 Z4MC, I'm not sure what I'm doing just yet, and this really might be (read: likely is) overkill for me.
See above. And yes you need to jump on this, so you have a few months to save up