View Single Post
      11-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #27
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

update

Update: Added several photos to post number 4 related to component weight. More to come soon. Race cats and new hangers should be here on the 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecobra View Post
Subscribing.....
welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007MCoupe View Post
Great job Chris!! Subbed. You better make MFest this year is all I'm saying! I gotta check this beast out!! haha

But for real, I, for one, truly appreciate the amount of time you dedicate not only to your own ride but to contributing to this forum.
Thanks man, it really does take a lot of time to put all of this stuff together. I enjoy the process though; It is a nice break my day to day life as a typical working stiff.

I hope to make Mfest this year too (fingers crossed)
Good chance we may miss it again. The baby is due in mid March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
Would I be correct in assuming that for our supercharged application, the biggest performance gain would come from replacing the cats of section 1 with the DKF resonators and H pipes?
All system configurations are suposed to make similar power, but the prood will be in the Dynos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4zy View Post
wow awesome cant wait to see how all this comes out. maybe ill end up upgrading and driving with ear plugs on...haha
Me too, each step I am learning something new!
There are quieter options avail. I just tend to lean toward the ear punishing side of the spectrum most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
Firstly id just like to say... WOW...... DKF..... youve made something of rare quality, definatly THE best solution for the z4m in terms of exhaust, youve knocked everything else out the park imo......

Will this work with our sensitive tunes???? who knows??
ESS told me they feel the stock Euro system is about as good as it gets for the s54 and they feel bmw made an amazing system...... i do agree they did an awesome job... but their can always be improvements.
I agree with you Byron. I am blown away by having so many quality options for a low production car.

In regards to the tune, I talk to AJ with ESS about the exhaust system. He stated that the tune for our SC cars is actually more adaptive than the OEM tune. He believes that as long as our sensors are in place, that this system will be no problem. The proof will come with time and Dynos, but it was encouraging to here this new from the guy who writes the ESS tunes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
Chris, awesome work with this thread..... this will answer all my questions for me to move forward.........
Thanks man,

Update: Added several photos to post number 4 related to component weight. More to come soon. Race cats and new hangers should be here on the 22nd