02-10-2011, 11:48 AM   #45
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
I like that. I'm going to save it in my bag of quotes.
Yeah, it's not bad is it?

This is a pet peeve of mine. The car is expensive enough to maintain without adding things it doesn't need. These BS services are a huge revenue stream for the dealer as they don't get the same rates for standard "paid" maintenance from BMW as they do when they charge the customer. For example, Inspection I, BMW Corporate pays the dealer about $840 IIRC (I don't have my invoice with me) to perform the service. How much would that be out of the service plan? Well, since initially my dealer thought we were out of the service period, they quoted me almost $1,300 for Inspection I service (that's close to a 500 dollar difference). As such the dealers always try to make up on the lost revenue by charging for unnecessary services.

That means "flushes". If it's not that, then it's cleaning or other crap items "throttle body cleaning" or "fuel system and injector cleaning" or "nitrogen in tires" or "super polish and wax with a 5 year warranty". If not that, they'll just invent something else that's not on the schedule to ream the customer.
Appreciate 0