View Single Post
      12-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #6
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Hey all. Thanks for the replies.

I misstated one of my questions. I meant to ask if the Z4M coupe had understeer problems, not oversteer. But it sounds like from what everyone has been saying, the Z4M does slightly understeer which can then lead to snap oversteer.

In terms of my car selling plans:
-I realize the Z4M will command more of $ than the e46 m3, despite having the same engines.

-From what I have read here on the forum and on this thread, it seems that the Z4M does in fact offer better performance than the e46 m3, but you really only see that performance gap when driving at 9/10 or beyond.

I think what makes the most sense for me is to buy an e46 m3 rather the z4m because it offers:
-more neutral handling
-cheaper buying price
-easier to modify (seats, roll cage) for track duty
-easier to find due to greater production numbers

The other real reason I made this post is because I am very interested in buying and modifying a s54-based platform (e46 or Z4M) for track duty. However there doesn't seem to be an e46 forum on here. Does anyone know where I can go to talk to owners and track vets on this car?

Thanks again for the help. I'll be deciding soon how I proceed on this and regardless of which way I go, I'll probably be on here from time to time to ask engine questions.
Appreciate 0