View Single Post
      06-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #15
onelove
Track Head
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

Flat out is a great group, a few of my friends started it after not getting enough track time with other groups. This is there second event at Roebling and the first went without a hitch. I'd sign up in Intermediate. Advanced last time was cars running 1:16-1:21 and dominated by GTRs, GT3s, etc.

Looking at some old data from a 1:22 Lap I had on my work computer, I'm entering 9 at 95mph and end up at 138 braking into 1. By the mid-point between 1 and 2 I'm at 68mph. Turn 3 I was able to carry 94mph through the turn.

I love tracking the Z4M but was at a slippery slope. No one that I ran with at the time used them so I was in a world of my own trying to get data, etc. Many of my friends run GT3 and GT3RS so it was either spend 10-15k on a supercharger,cage, seats and harnesses, or sell the car and get a GT3. Safety was also a huge concern since we run tracks like Sebring and Daytona as well, and the GT3 offered a bolt-in cage vs having to cut half the car appart like the Z4M. I still miss the car quite a bit!