View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelove View Post
1 definitely need to lay into it all the way to the markers, then hard brake. In my Z I was actually down shifting to 3rd once I hit the first apex which allowed me to get to power earlier on the exit of the 2nd part of the turn and rotate the car. This may be different with your gearing.

Trick to 3 is to turn in much earlier and hug the inside of the turn there. The pavement is shaped like a /\ from when they paved it, you can load the car up on the inside and get to full throttle for a second going into your brake/downshift. If you spun there it's likely from being a bit too wide and getting the off camber side where there is a ton of marbles. More grip on the inside will also let you get to throttle from 2-3 more, but still will want a lift to settle the car.

Another trick to Roebling for the wallet, make sure you're swapping your tires right to left at the end of each day.
Staying on til the markers puts me at 150 GPS speed b/c of the supercharger but with my brakes theres no reason i cant do that. Yeah with the 4.10's and the extra power from the supercharger 4th gear is all i need, I actually run out of gear mid turn coming out of two if i downshift. the only place i can still use third is turn 5 and 6 but its def not necessary tons of torque to rotate the car in 4th with my setup. dynoing 390/300 at the wheels. I agree with 3 as well came in faster than usual b/c i got 2 right and went wide and spun bc of camber and marbles. What speed did you turn into 3? I'm hitting mid 90's coming out of 2 then slowing down to low 80's for turn in.
Ha def right about swapping tires it eats up the left side
Appreciate 0