View Single Post
      07-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #40
C-los
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Hrmmmm, a second thought on this.. just had a reverse brain fart (if that makes sense.)

ESS uses alpha N for their tune as well. I wonder, (since i dont' own one i dont' know) could it be they leave the MAF plugged in just for the IAT sensor (that's built into the MAF)? This could be what keeps everything right for them... They Run an AlphaN, use the MAF internal IAT, and since the MAF is plugged in, it doesn't trip the throttle ignorance.
****Any Supercharger guys chime in on this?****

But with the VAC Air box, You remove the factory MAF completely, and run the CSL IAT on the side of the box. These deletes the MAF portion, which actually DOES trip the throttle ignorance portion.

So in theory, You could split the wiring by unpinning the wires for the IAT, run those separate for the CSL IAT in the Box. Then leave the OEM MAF attached and hidden somewhere so the throttle works as designed. ( the PCM/DME would ignore it even if it's plugged in due to AlphaN Programming.)

Now, if this theory all holds true, then i wonder if there's a way to reprogram the computer to ignore MAF signal so the throttle continues to work without the MAF plugged in. It might be easier to find at this point, considering we would know the exact cause.
Appreciate 0