View Single Post
      04-02-2024, 06:22 PM   #9
belcom
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 540i, '06 Z4si, '07 Z4MC

I've had B6 and H&R springs and they handled pretty well after I replaced completely shot stock suspension. I've taken the car to the track and it was decent too. They go over small bumps absolutely fine. However this suspension gets a bit unsettled when pushed harder, crashes when you drive into deeper pot holes (that is with lowering springs), and overall lacks composure. Might be different with stock springs though as you have more travel.

I would recommend proper coil-over kit. KW V3, PSS 10 or Ground Control to name a couple.

GC are a very good value and you can basically customize it by ordering any spring rates you want as they come with Eibach ERS springs made to order. Koni shocks are adjustable so you can dial them down to full soft if you want. No crashing, full travel. Comfy with lower spring rates. Plus unlike PSS or KW for example you get linear springs which means consistency throughout travel range. And on top of this you get very nice camber plates. Also, Koni shocks are well known to last for a long time. KW V3 although an absolutely awesome kit, do need to be rebuild once in a while. Not sure about the Bilstein PSS. Anyhow, I think they're all good options but GC wins hands down as far as value for your $ goes.
Appreciate 1
XMetal1148.00