View Single Post
      10-19-2008, 04:58 PM   #44
silversprint
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Nooo, do not tell me this. I just got the M coupe out to the track (sebring) for it's first run down and the rotors were completely warped within a few hot laps, I was hoping it was either from pulling into the pits for 3 minutes on a hot lap to check tire pressures (and letting them sit hot) or the pads I was using (EBC yellow).

Please tell me these rotors aren't shit, this was supposed to be a good platform this time. Aren't the rotors the same design as the M5.
I have over 500 track miles now on my Mcoupe with very aggressive race pads. The rotors have a lot of wear but have held up very well. They literally have a 1/4 wear on the rotor lip but they are still fine. No warping or spider cracks. I put the stock pad back on and the dealer will replace the rotors under the BMW service plan.

I think the EBC pads are craps. Get rid of them and get a set of real track pads. There is no compromise between street and tired pads. If you are tracking the car then get a set of track pads.

I don't understand why the the struts towers need to be reinforced.?? with camber plates.

The KW clubsports come with camber plates too. There are many drivers that have tracked with camber plates and don't have any struts tower issues. What about all the E46 M3 guys with camber plates??

Brakes don't just fail. Specially stock brakes. If they go out it is gradual and you feel them going off.

If someone wrecks theirs car due to failing brakes I would attribute that to driver error. Don't blame the brakes because you over drove the car.

Everything said on a forum like this needs to be taken and analyzed critically. Take all the info and use it at your own risk. There are few if any professional race engineers here that provide accurate information.
Appreciate 0