View Single Post
      08-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
pmmjarrett
Retired Paratrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4 3.0i Sport

Just finished removing the CDV in my 2006 3.0i and taking a test drive. It's a whole different car.

Nice positive clutch engagement, much better shifts (especially 2nd gear) and can feather the clutch much much better now when needed.

I don't know how the Z4M hose is set up but on the 3.0i it's in a 180 degree loop and there was plenty of slack to just remove the valve and not have to put in a modified one. In fact before I did the job the hose was rubbing slightly on a wiring loom and now it isn't and still has plenty of play for movement as the engine torques.

The job was also easier on the 3.0i than shown on the M3 DIY link I posted as there is just one small cover to remove with 4 screws in it and there's actually enough room to do the job without removing the cover but it's easier to access with the cover off.

Sorry, no pics. I was looking for my camera but couldn't find it. I think it's in the wifes car and she went into town.

It took me longer to put the car on the lift and gather the 3 wrenches and an 8mm socket out of my tool boxes than it did do the actual job.
Appreciate 0