Voockey
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Z4M coupe, E46 M3, E36, E30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggman51 View Post
Great post.

On my 2006 Z4M Roadster I have an Evolve CSL style intake, SuperSprint v1 Stepped Headers, Stepped Section 1, X-Pipe and SuperSprint Street Mufflers. I have a tune from Randy at EPIC.

I did a pre-upgrade dyno, but have not done a post-upgrade dyno as I still have a "service engine soon" light that I want to address before doing another dyno.

I do not have massive low RPM throttle response issues, but I do detect some flatness down low. I need to do some more track driving to get a better idea of it - I've only had one track day due to COVID.

I will follow and contribute to this thread where possible.
Thanks!

The CSL style intake is so addictive and I will be doing it for sure one day. But I do have second thoughts on the Alpha N mapping. I trust it is not "street friendly" as with stock MAF mapping. M3 guys can choose to go for a true M3 CSL ECU setup with MAP sensor, but on Z4M Alpha N is a must.

Here is a qoute from bimmerworld for Epic Alpha N tune:

"Since there is no Lambda-based adaption with Alpha-N it's critical to have the car re-tuned for any major changes to the engine spec. We will re-tune the car once after the initial tune or more often for a nominal fee. You will also want to have the tuning adjusted for a significant change in elevation. You must also ensure the engine is maintained to a very high standard as even things like a clogged air filter will alter performance and drivability. Alpha-N is not recommended for street use unless the engine is heavily modified and you use more than 70% throttle most of the time. Part throttle tuning is not as important in Alpha-N strategy and we mostly focus on full throttle tuning. An HFM-based adaptive tune will be far more compatible for life on the street."

Ok, for my car which is just for fun and track and with WOT there is no issue I suppose with Alpha N.. Perhaps it is OK to sacrifice the daily features in my case.. but I don't think maybe everybody is prepared for that. But just because of that noise it's worth it! Especially roadster
Appreciate 0