SwissArmy
Why so serious?
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4; BMW X5; BMW 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Are you sure the new sensor is good?

If you have a multimeter, you can test the sensor and compare its reading to an old sensor. Before you unhook anything, make sure the probes are long enough to reach the contact points (mine weren't).

Lastly, try unplugging it and plugging it back in, to ensure that it is properly seated and the connection is good.
Hey pokey!

I will test the sensor. But, what is the likelihood that the two sensors I bought for the passenger side are both bad. It sucks that BMW does not accept electrical parts for refund/exchange. They were about $140CAD/each from the dealership.

I will swap it back to the other sensor (the one where it DID detect speed on my snap-on scanner).

I still think it's the SAS since that code does come with it too. I will try doing an SAS reset.

Also, after installing the ABS sensors, is there any reset procedure other than driving it around for a bit (I've driven for about 2 months lol). Also, do I need to unplug the battery before installing the new sensors? I installed the driver and passenger side while the battery was still plugged in.

I'll order a new SAS just in case.
Appreciate 0