06-02-2016, 06:09 PM   #1
SwissArmy
Why so serious?
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4; BMW X5; BMW 733

DSC Brake Tire Pressure Trifecta even after replacing sensors

Hey guys,

I made a very very silly mistake. I removed the spacers on my front wheels and instead of putting the original bolts in, I put in the extended bolts!

This caused a LOT of damage including sheering off both ABS sensors and grinded down the teeth of the bearings.

After replacing the brake protection plates, both wheel bearings hubs, and both wheel sensors, I still have the lights. I've checked the codes and I get a code for the passenger speed sensor. So, I went back out and got ANOTHER new sensor for the passenger side and the code still remains.

Here is an example:

I've checked the speeds on all four wheels. The passenger wheel shows as 0kmh while the others increase.

Can you please tell me what I should do/check on?

Replaced: wheel bearings/hubs, replaced abs sensors, replaced the rotor protection plates.

The driver side speed sensor works, but the passenger side doesn't.

Help please.

The battery was NOT disconnected when I replaced the sensors, was this the cause? Would a battery disconnect fix this issue?

I tried clearing the code, it wouldn't clear and still shows as 0kmh on that one wheel when doing a speed test with my snap-on obd tool.

The speedometer works perfectly, and so does the cruise control. The lights still remain.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading. Here are some pics of the new vinyl wrap that people have been asking me about. I replace my vinyl wrap every year. Last year it was satin black, this year it is Emerald Pearl.

Last edited by SwissArmy; 06-02-2016 at 07:32 PM..
Appreciate 0