View Single Post
      05-31-2011, 01:04 AM   #58
Terraphantm
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
hmm, can you install my headers and relocate the sensors too for a reasonable price? I can help with the monotonous wrenching
Honestly, if it was any other job or if you lived closer to me, I would've said yes. It took me quite a long time (2 days of working 6-8 hours each) to do it on my own car, even with the help of 2 friends. Basically we ended up spending most of Saturday removing the original equipment, and most of Sunday mounting the new stuff. While I could probably do it a decent bit quicker now, I can't guarantee it... and since the car wouldn't be drivable if the job had to be cut short, I just don't feel comfortable offering, you know? I'll ask one of my friends for you though. He did a lot of the "heavy lifting" when we were working on my car, and he's been looking for odd jobs here and there so he may be interested.

FWIW, removal of the stock headers was by far the hardest part for me. There's just no room to maneuver whatsoever. Had to get really creative with extensions, wobble bits, and universal joints. The removal of section 1 was also tough in my since all of the nuts and bolts were rusted so badly that I had to cut them off. If your car isn't driven in the snow, then rust might not be an issue for you.

Although now that I think of it, you need to get bungs welded onto your secondary cats right? Since a shop would pretty much have to do that part (unless you're good at welding) it may be worth having them just install the headers too.
Appreciate 0