United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MR, E34, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Need stiffer rebound up front.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
I was running Rivals at the start of the season due to back order on RS-3s.
There were a number of people in the local autocross groups forced into the same thing, and all of us have gone back to the Hankooks. If you get the Rivals hot enough, they're really good on concrete surfaces. I don't know anyone who's tried them on asphalt that's been truly happy with them. If you get them too hot they go away rapidly. I'm running 255/35 x 18 Hankook RS-3 up front and same size as you in the rear, also RS-3's. I think I could fit 275's up front with a 5 mm spacer. I've got my 275 Rivals still and I might experiment with this at some point. I'd be stuffing them onto some 8" rims to stay legal for SCCA, and I'm looking at then getting them shaved flat to get as much tread area as possible.
275s up front with a spacer? What's your suspension/alignment at? I think next tires I will try RS3 or Star Specs but having a staggered setup means no rotation on those. If I could go 275 square that'd be... impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint57 View Post
Sounds like a bit too much tire squeal to me. Tires grip the most right before they start sliding. But if you were 1st in class you must be doing something right.
Pressures were probably a little high for that run but I can agree that I have much to learn. I did very well in my class last year but I'm in trouble this season because some seriously fast guys with more modded cars plus r-comps are moving into my class.
Appreciate 0