jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
OMG x 1 trizillion!!

The z4m roadster is just as capable as the coupe its all about your personal preference, i actually always wanted the roadster and for me, its a proper weekend toy, i love it, i wouldnt trade it for a coupe, i track my car reguarly and i can tell you not many cars get passed!! The z4 was a roadster designed from the off, its also one of the stiffest roadsters out their, so completely agree with you here!!!
I don't think it's a matter of capability as it is rarity. To the lay person, they see a Z4 roadster and it's just another z4 roadster. There are a zillion of them around. Whether it's an ///M or a 3.0 or whatever, it's all the same to them. Whereas if they see a coupe they automatically do a double take because they've never seen one before. There are even posts and stories around about Z4 roadster owners making the comment "I didn't even know they made a coupe".

To an enthusiast or at least someone who knows BMWs (and it's safe to say most BMW owners don't know much about BMWs), the M Roadster is a special vehicle just as capable as its solid-roofed sibling. To anyone else, it's just another Z4 (not convertible, not roadster, just Z4...because most people don't even know a coupe exists).