01-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #10
Starscream
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ///M Roadster + E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDown View Post
You guys are making me want to ditch the possibility of New (E89) Z4, and replace my Z4MR with a (leftover) Z4MC instead.
Why?

I really don't understand why the coupe gets so much praise and people turn their nose at the roadster,

Ive driven both, while not on a track but the feel is/was to me identical,
Felt the same throwing it into bends, and the coupe to me felt the same as the roadster with the top up, Very enclosed, and almost like your in a little capsule,
While Im not putting the coupe down the roadster is the best of both worlds and I feel people look down on it as most drop tops are heavier and slower than the coupe counterpart,
the Z4 chassis is the direct opposite, the roadster is lighter and the chassis stiffness I doubt anyone would feel the difference unless you were a professional race driver,

and Ive seen the roadsters on track and they track extremely well,
For me the roadster is both the coupe and the freedom of a convertible with the wind in your hair (or neck for old bald guys) and the majestic sound of that S54,
the coupe just drowns out a lot of noise thats well appreciated in the roadster,

While I do like the coupe, I am more than happy with the roadster,
I think with the roadsters top up, the Coupe wins on looks, But with the top down the roadster looks better than the coupe,

honestly id take either, (or both) but If I had to choose just one, I already have.

Imola Red Roadster
Appreciate 0