View Single Post
      07-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #14
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
If you remove the rear bumper cover, you will find two empty popouts on each side of the car leading into the trunk.
Thanks. I'd seen mixed results on the bumper cover removal and wanted to avoid that if at all possible. With a little wiggling and cursing, I was able to snake and then pull a cable from the (removed) driver side license plate light receptacle up diagonally and to the (removed) driver side tail light cluster inside the trunk area - without removing the bumper cover. All is now well and the system installed just fine.

For those who may have an interest in rear backup/reverse cam installation, tap the Brown wire for ground, and the blue with green stripe for switched 12v only when the reverse light is activated.
I gained access into the cockpit through the storage bin between the seats (small holes drilled), then through the driver side subwoofer cavity (removed grille for access) down to the left rocker panel trim and up to the dash area. I mounted the 4.3 inch display directly over the (unused - we use an Ultimate Cupholder) cup holder on the driver side dash just left of the steering wheel and adjacent to door (mounted by running a long zip tie vertically around the stored/recessed cup holder and then through one of those adhesive square zip tie mount affixed to the back of the monitor - cinch with zip tie buckle to bottom to keep the monitor from dipping/dropping down).

Last edited by Kimo; 07-06-2014 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 0