04-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
Part 1 is actually hard rubber with steel inserts for the connecting bolts...

I have replaced several of them....

EXZACLEY !

BMW has used this sort of design since ive had my e30 and they do fail and do casue vibration, they are rubber and sometimes fail, it is not metal and again they will only vibrate during hard acceleration as they are getting stressed, the car will drive fine otherwise and will not vbrate or act stragley if drven normally. i would check it first before pulling the trans as its a cheaper alternative if its the case. but then again who knows do what you think is right.

the wistle you speak of i get that two and is normal as far as i can tell and my car drives fine. the 3 series i had, had the same issue you speak of and would only vibrate under hard acceleration and got worse over time. tuned out to be the part in queschin.

but still if you feel better pulling the trans thats fine as its hard to diagnose on the tube, id have to drive the car to really be able to tell. good luck

also the fact that you said the other parts around the rubber part where in bad shape leads me to belive it also is not in prime shape either and should have been replaced when you had all the other stuff out, but you thinking it was steel or something like that, i understand why you would not have touched it.

Last edited by -c-; 04-21-2011 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0