2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Where is your MAF sensor located?
Factory location of the MAF is on top of the pipe leading from the filter box to the throttle body. Basically the first thing to disconnect when replacing the air filter.
The kit relocates it to the bottom of the ESS pipe leading to the throttle body. The kit was not designed for the E85 - lots of leftover and spare parts. There is plenty of room for improvement or custom fabrication work.
I guess what I'm trying to figure out is whether it's a draw thru or blow thru setup. Most aftermarket kits are draw thru, which requires a higher safety margin in the tune (since inlet air temp is calculated and not directly measured as part of the MAF), and can't account for boost leaks, heat soak, or allow use of a blow off valve vs a bypass. Blow thru setups require more MAF scaling and risk MAF sensor contamination due to oil (from CCV), but measure the air right before the throttle body so it's most accurate (assuming no contamination).

My VF kit is draw thru, and I've considered converting to blow thru with an intercooler.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0