View Single Post
      04-04-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Bumper carrier bracket on the fenders

When I installed the APR splitter I noticed the passenger bumper carrier bracket is falling apart. Ordered a new one and looked up how to remove the old one, came across a post from Aron Stygar that it can not be removed without destroying the bracket.

Actually, you CAN remove the bracket without destroying it, you just need a tool that has a slight bend, like a trim removed tool or a bent screw driver. If you can reach between the fender liner and the fender, you can feed the tool in far enough to release the tabs holding the bracket to the fender. Mine was already broken, but when I tried to install the new bracket I didn't line up the small guide tab right and the three top tabs engaged. I was able to reach around and release the tabs to remove the carrier bracket and reinstall with the bottom guide tab in place.

Sorry, no pictures. But one of these came in REALLY handy.

Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0