View Single Post
      11-11-2015, 04:05 PM   #11
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
(no you do not calculate all 6 piston, the ratio of slave pistons to master cylinder is per CLAMPING SIDE ONLY)
Why?
I see a statement but no physical/mathematical deduction.

Anyway, tons of people use the 135i calipers on m3's/z4m's on track and have no problem what so ever. It's a really common mod. There are multiple suppliers here (mostly germany) that make brackets or complete kits.

Also if you look at a tried and tested set for the z4/m3: the ap 6 piston bbk, that has 2x 27mm pistons, 2x 31.8mm pistons and 2x 38.1mm pistons. Thats per side a piston area of 2507mm˛
Compared to the OEM one cilinder caliper that 11,1% decrease (1 side) and the 135i caliper has a 13.8% decrease (1 side).
You wont convince me that that 2,7% difference is the border between having a fantastic BBK and having a worthless BBK.
I think there's a reason that the piston area from a AP bbk (designed, tried and tested on the z4m) and the 135i caliper (Brembo designed caliper) are so incredible close. It's only 69mm˛ difference per side.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 11-11-2015 at 04:57 PM..
Appreciate 0