View Single Post
      01-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #25
v8z4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
Thanks. I need to read more on the wiring and electronics for sure. Not sure if you have seen this thread on LS1tech, but a guy with an E46 used both ecu's in tandem and just made the BMW dme think the car was running.

http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...l#post17480764

You should definitely start a thread on ls1tech for your build in the hybrid section. I have seen Z3s before with LS engines but never a z4.
If you mean the guy in Britain, yeah I went through his build writeup a while back. He did a really good job. I just don't know how he was able to make the ECU not throw codes all over the place. Without the BMW TB, sensors, etc. working the BMW ECU is going to throw massive SES codes and that would kill my ability to get through emissions. I called around to tuners here in the US and none of them had a solution where they could make the BMW ECU not go crazy, so it was decided that the best approach was to ditch the BMW ECU all together. Additionally, no BMW ECU means less to deal with (simplified wiring and locating of stuff).

Lots of Z3s, but for the most part Z4s are still too expensive. I just lucked into my Z4 cheap enough.