View Single Post
      01-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #23
v8z4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
I hear you. An L33 with a single turbo would do the trick nicely and be relatively inexpensive. The shop was also terrified of the wiring. I am still searching for a shop to do it for me. What will you do for the electronics?

PS. I will post in this thread going forward. Saw you started this after posting in the other one. This thread is pure greatness.
I guess I should have mentioned the wiring part as well. That has the potential to be tricky. I removed the entire BMW engine harness and computer, and will be using the GM ECU and harness for the LS7. I have been working with people over on Bimmerforums to create a solution where the GM ECU gets converted and fed onto the BMW CANBus and drive the factory gauges.

Link to thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...to-Can-signals

I don't KNOW how close the E46 and E90 are in their CANBus system, but I would THINK they are similar enough that these guys would be able to help you sort something out.

I have a basic iron block LM7 (what I'm using as my mockup right now) that I plan to keep and rebuild. For my wife's 325i, the extra 100lbs of iron block doesn't bother me and for $1000 parts and labor I can have a brand new motor that will take butt loads of PSI if I want it. I think a 750rwhp 325i (that still gets 35-40mpg) would be a pretty nice "wife's car"....

Last edited by v8z4; 01-29-2014 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0