KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
Use www.uship.com ... you put your details in and the shippers bid on it. I used the site when sending my car from Maryland to Buffalo.
The first time I moved a car, I did this, and I was relentlessly pounded with emails and phone calls for WEEKS by about 10 different carriers, competing for the business like crazed wolves. It literally took months for it to stop completely. Never again.

When I bought my current Z4MC I'd been eyeballing a car at EAG and had talked to Eric a couple of times. When I let him know I'd found a private party car, he informed me that they now have a logistics guy who does nothing but broker movement of cars, which makes sense for them to get into since they have 20+ years of experience with this. So I let them handle it, and I am glad I did. The carrier was informed, through the EAG guy who did all the communicating, that they could deliver to me any day EXCEPT one particular Sunday when I would be out of town. No problem. But then while en route, the driver calls me and says he'll be there tomorrow (that Sunday). We get into an argument over it and he basically tells me I have to find someone to accept the car because that's the only time he's willing to drop it (I live in rural southern Arizona and he would just be "passing through"). I called the EAG guy (this is on Saturday) and he immediately returned the message, got involved, and we worked out a compromise where I would take delivery in Phoenix (3 hours north of me but where I'd be on Sunday). On Monday I went back to him and said I wanted 10% of the charge refunded, because they only brought the car 90% of the way to the proper destination. I don't know whether EAG ate that or actually got them to capitulate (the driver called me and was VERY pissed off that I was making this request), but I did get it back. I would use them again - they were responsive and had my back. Worth a shot to at least get a quote from them.