View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
raptor
Private
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCz04Bimmer View Post
I've driven both and my assessment is that the M3 provides a "simpler" and easier-to-approach on-track experience. The Z4M is a more "complex" and, thus, more exciting experience.

The Z4M obviously has the same power dynamics. It weights a bit less, sure, but you don't really notice that. What you do notice is the shorter wheelbase... the car rotates very easily and the seating position exaggerates the sensation. You can get the car into turns with minimal effort and kick the back out around the apex without any drama. Because you're sitting on the rear axle, I feel you have more awareness of the car's slip angle. It's a more "twitchy" experience but, like I've said, figure it out and you'll be rewarded. Better steering rack/ratio... amazing steering wheel... the Z4M has a lot going for it!

Depending on negative camber specs, absolutely. Stock... no way.

Now go buy my car... http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807212

...wait a second, was it you I was talking to at the TrackDaze event?!
I've seen your FS post and the car looks awesome. I guess I didn't state it in this thread, but I already have both cars. Currently the e46 spends most of the time in the garage and my wife DDs the Z.

Nope, wasn't me at the TrackDaze event. Thanks for the feedback, this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.