v3.0si
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4C 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
thanks!

how about on a car without Sport package? Do you think the same set of CSL reps in 18 inch size and staggered would be okay? (I have two very good friends who have each just recently - and quite independent of each other - picked up really nice 3.0si's. )

Cheers!
sport... non-sport... the only difference is the height of coils. most people with the non-sport susp find they have a bit more clearance up front when using the 235/40 tread because it clears the liner just behind the reflector a bit easier. if someone were to use a "square shouldered" 235/40 on sport susp, there is a chance of rubbing... if you're concerned, use 225/40 instead. since VMR uses an 8.5" et40 on their VB3 instead of an et35 like they do on their damn-near-everything-else, there shouldn't be any issues. keep in mind you'll need an alignment anyway, as increasing to an aggressive offset will yield toe-out up front. if there are (there won't be) any clearance issues, the front camber can be corrected at that time.

OP - sorry for the sidetrack... but one must answer when the president () asks questions!

speaking of which... how did you get to be president? do you have a cabinet? what kind of duties do you perform? i don't know what district i'm in, where do i go to vote? where do you stand on canada's southern border, and its current needs for a very tall fence to keep out all of us roudy american?

(all rhetorical of course... i just like that we have a president!)