F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Sounds great!!

Did you pull some camber out, what did you end up running with?

Also curious how the car felt with all the extra front end down force.
Did the rear feel a little skittish?
Would you consider adding some rear aero to gain some down force there?
No camber has to stay in because of 9.5 inch front wheel I am running. If anything I think I could add a tad bit more. I am currently at-2.5ish. The adjustments had to do with ride heights and damping. Previously I had lowered the front of the car relative to the rear to try and transfer some weight in order to help with front end grip. It did amazing things but with the splitter I was able to raise the front again to transfer the weight back to the rear to help with traction from mid corner to exit.

As far as the front being skittish in comparision to the rear I didn't think it was too bad at all. The rear had the same grip it always had its just the front had more then before. I have always felt the front to be lacking in grip anayways.; If anything it just made the front end have to work less hard. I like my car set up with a tad of oversteer. I feel it helps me on corner exit and sometimes depending on the corner with entry. Understeer scares me wayyy more then oversteer.

As far as rear aero goes that will be happening next year for sure. Seats gotta come first. I just gotta find an extra trunk lid because I don't wanna run the wing full time. Also that will allow me to run some sort of plastic glass in the rear lid to drop more weight. More rear down force would help me in the high speed stuff.

The thing the car needs now is way stiffer springs. I am currently running 525lbs front and 650lbs rear and though some of the really fast constant radius corners the rear is tucking so much that the tire is rubbing. I am going to be going either 600lbs front and 750lbs rear or I may just throw caution to the wind and go 650lbs front and 800lbs rear.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR

Last edited by F360C; 03-26-2011 at 01:29 PM..
Appreciate 0