03-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #73
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonblitz View Post
I wasn't even planning on jacking the car up, not to mention removing the wheels. I think i should be able to take the bumper off and throw it back on without doing any of that stuff.
Mr Roger didn't lift the car or remove the wheels in his DIY. http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79994

I think it really depends on what kinda install you want to do. It is very possible to take the front bumper off the car with out jacking it up but you are going to have to have a long arm to reach the bolts at the rear of the under tray. For the amount of time it takes to jack the car up it makes the job way easier. The wheels don't have to come off but I really believe jacking the car up make the job a ton easier. I mean really it only takes 5 minutes to jack the front of the car up anyways.

I can say that I don't believe the splitter needs the front of rear struts. Both my brother and I had our cars at New Jersey Motorsports Park last weekend for two days and the splitter held up perfect. We were redlining 4th gear at 8200rpm and splitter was solid as a rock. In addition we both have the larger splitter then that was offered in the group buy so we making even more downforce then the standard version. I can say that the splitter makes a large difference in the grip available at the front end. I had to play with the suspenson settings to re balance the car. Pre splitter I had the car set very aggressively to try and make up for the lack in front end grip. Now I was able to dial that back and make the car a bit easier to drive on the limit. Over all the splitter was a great buy.

Here is a couple crappy blackberry pics from the hotel parking lot near the track....

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0