12-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #39
drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M COUPE

Garage List
Cover

Good to know you can at least check the air filter through the top - they don't tend to get dirty quickly as long as they are not saturated with oil.

As I said before I cut a strut out of the radiator surround big enough to pull the damn thing back into the engine compartment - even with the hole as big as I made it - not easy,

The power steering hose is just swap. When you install the supercharger you relocate the power steering reservoir as you know so you take the hose off and make sure there is a bucket - fairly wide bucket under the pump as the fluid that is in the hose and the reservoir all runs out - makes a mess of your floor and it is actually Automatic Transmission Fluid and VERY slippery. I took the bottom hose off first and tried to get it into a bucket or funnel - if you take the top one off you get all the fluid in the reservoir draining out first and then when you take the bottom off all the fluid in the hose drains off. IN all likelihood as you said the ESS hose works fine but it seemed weird to have 3 parts to a hide 2 feet long.

Same as the flex hose for the air filter - why not make it rigid to fit where it is supposed to go - in any even I have the silicone 3.5" 45 degree bends coming next week and will see what I can do - could always customize the whole thing

http://www.carid.com/universal-air-i...it-430689.html

Thanks for your interest - seems 10,000 more members are more into installing a shorter shift knob than increasing the performance
2006 M COUPE - 380 total production, 1 of 40Imola Red produced for NA , ESS 455 Supercharger, Speedhut Gauges, VPM CLS wheels, 19" Hancooks, Stromung Exhaust, Carbon fibre accessories and black and white badging,
Appreciate 0