10-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
mhughett
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
^ this....
Before you do the bedding procedure, it's best to clean the existing deposits off of the rotors.
Use some brake cleaner & an aggressive scour pad.
I've had significant problems with brake vibrations and while my car was under warranty, rotors and pads were changed out by the dealer about 6 times. I know the rotors weren't warped and I suspected somehow I was getting pad deposits. So after the warranty expired I tried inTgr8r's method above but it didn't work. I finally got the problem fixed by using the method recommended on Stop-Tech's website--that is to buy some aggressive track pads and "clean the rotors" using their documented technique. It's similar to bedding in the pads except you do NOT want the pads/rotors to get so hot that the pad material transfers to the rotors. This involves a lot of driving with no braking in between the hard stops to allow the rotors to cool down. You only want to use the abrasiveness of these pads to clean the rotors. It's kind of like putting the rotors on a lathe except you don't have to take them off the car. Stop-Tech recommended Hawk blue pads so this is what I used. This method worked for me and I no longer have these vibrations and if they come back, I know how to deal with them.

Retired--2007 Z4 M Coupe (Imola Red/Black, Premium Pkg, Heated Seats, XM, Bimmian stubby antenna, CDV delete, Apex EC-7--Anthracite, Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2.
Appreciate 0