Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
The system I'm rigging up will allow you to turn the airbag on or off with a switch. I wanted to figure out the resistance to achieve the "airbag off" light so that I would know for a fact that the airbag was off when selected off. To know that the airbag is still functioning when selected on, I will be referencing the seat belt warning beep the M makes when a passenger is sensed but unbuckled.

I have some pictures of the (2003 3.0i) plug I can post. I believe the number on it was 293.

It may be a while before I can work up something for the M, since I'm planning to get Recaros/Sparcos for my 3.0i first to see how they work out. The car now has 114k miles of wear, and the stock seats have no lateral support.

If you want to try my method on the M, feel free. Get a multimeter to measure the resistances with and without a passenger, breadboard a circuit with a switch that allows you to select between the two resistances, and solder it all together. Or, if you want to have the airbag on all the time, figure out the resistance with someone sitting in the seat and replace the occupancy sensor with an equivalent resistor. Just be sure to disconnect the battery before you unplug the seat's harness or you WILL end up with an airbag light. If you have any questions or need any help with it, feel free to post here or PM me!

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0