04-28-2016, 08:11 PM   #22
SgtFaceplant
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4 Coupe  [7.00]
I just went through trying to find my code and I could not get my head, a flashlight and a screw driver to move the cable all in the same space. I didn't want to tear out my trunk so I thought I'd go the dealership and see if they could look it up for me. The "Geniuses" told me the only way was to have the service guys pull out the trunk. So I wasn't going to pay for something I could do myself. I stopped by my local BMW mechanic and he was so excited to see the car he pulled it in took lots of photos and threw it on a lift to do an inspection. He hooked it up to his computer and what do you know, he sends me the code. No contortion or interior removal required. All that he did for free because he's a great guy. He did note because of the mileage the Diff fluid needed to be changed which he did, the ATF system needed a flush coming up, and the water pump is throwing codes. So I am changing my water pump and thermostat this weekend and will have him change the ATF fluids/filter once I hit 100k. Having a good relationship with an Indy mechanic is a huge plus, I highly recommend it. If you are in the Atlanta area my guy is Todd at Bavarian Repair in Woodstock. I can't speak more highly of him.
Appreciate 0