View Single Post
      06-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #358
Twisted Six
CarbonFiber Engineer @ ZeroMassMotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4si-coupe

WOW, this looks amazing!

Am I understanding the 'removable roof' term correctly?
Will we be able to drive around without a roof as in the pic (with some trim to hide the bare metal of course) & if it rains we can simply put the roof on?

Would the removable oem roof kit be a lot smaller/lighter for shipping?
ie We re-use our existing roof?

Would you be able to ship the removable oem roof kit or moonroof to South Africa?

If so, I'd love to be on that list :thump:

PS. I could probably get a local group buy together if that'll help with shipping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavZ View Post
WOW, this looks amazing!

Am I understanding the 'removable roof' term correctly?

Its primarily designed to be affixed like the OEM roof-( with bolts and adhesive) However I am working through details that might allow it to be mounted in way so that it could be removed and stored in the garage-(not the hatch) and driven. The optional kit would come with a speed-aire to route the overhead wind flow. Most likely the visible valley would simply be painted blk.

Will we be able to drive around without a roof as in the pic (with some trim to hide the bare metal of course) & if it rains we can simply put the roof on?

Yes. Also read above.

Would the removable oem roof kit be a lot smaller/lighter for shipping?
ie We re-use our existing roof?

I'm not clear on this question. This is a luxury kit, not track performance. Reaching a lighter overall weight will be unlikely.

Would you be able to ship the removable oem roof kit or moonroof to South Africa?

I would think so. It will require some investigation on associated costs,tariffs etc.

If so, I'd love to be on that list :thump:

PS. I could probably get a local group buy together if that'll help with shipping.
Appreciate 0