View Single Post
      10-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #150
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Haven't updated this one in a while. Where to begin? I've had some issues with smog, but am currently awaiting a new rear o2 which should allow me to pass with some custom cats installed. I'm back in full-fledged modding mode and it feels good I'll just include random updates this time around with some solid inspiration at the end:

I left my car with a buddy to do some work on it (one of which was swapping cats to pass smog). At one point while removing the front bumper to adjust my headlight positioning, I was absolutely shocked with what I saw!

My oil cooler looked like a flippin' rainbow! I'm not sure if it was a previous owner or shop that did this but I knew it would have to be replaced immediately. Who knows how long I was driving around like this for! I couldn't find any good aftermarket options so ordered OEM. Took a couple weeks to get here from Germany.

Found this May 2006 Automobile magazine when cleaning up for a move. It reminded me I have a Z4M at a buddy's place that had been somewhat neglected. Time to kick things back into gear...

After having temp gauge issues FOREVER, I finally researched and ended up ordering a brand new alternator. I fixed the issue, no more temp gauge falsely maxing out! Details can be found here ->http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1047053

I ended up test fitting the Hamann bumper before bringing the car to the shop. I had seriously considered a full respray of the car (Porsche 2D8 "Green" or the Porsche 22S "Signal Green") but opted to hold off for now. I'll be staying Interlagos for the time being and by doing so, have freed up funds for other fun mods/toys

My Mangowalk antenna had deteriorated into very bad condition. I've been meaning to replace it and finally placed the order for the OEM stubby antenna. I absolutely love this piece.

I purchased a Porsche 996 brake retrofit (sans front rotors) from a forum member and was concerned upon receiving the package. The bottom was falling out!

Luckily the contents seemed fine. Rebuild kits ordered, the front and rear calipers should be out to powder coat within the next week or so!

Thanks to some random bushings from the autoparts store I can can now open my trunk all the way with the hardtop installed! For those of you who don't know, BMW used to manufacture stoppers but I was unable to find the correct info on purchasing this new, it appears as thought he PN has been discontinued. These makeshift bushings work well, I will create another thread to help others out soon.

Among other odds and ends, I've also got one of these on the way to help keep temps cool, thanks to crfine88's thread.

Lastly, I'll just leave some recent shots of the SK Feed E85 Z4M. I won't be anywhere near this aggressive, their aero setup is insane. Still, it's great inspiration for things to come

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |

Last edited by tiltmode43; 10-13-2016 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 2