01-16-2016, 12:42 AM   #145
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
Matt, I am sure this will work out mate, Give Imrahn a shout and ask him to help you out. I hear they are pretty good now after sorting out the heel toe issue they had on their alpha -N (this is the main reason I went with Randy from Epic, that and their tune (A-N) is race proven and also proven to work in hot arizona temps (i read Dubai)) (as far as i know its been sorted so good things from Evolve.
Just work with them Matt, I am sure they will come to the party and sort it out mate. Esp as you've gotten hard data that something is amiss.
Very nice picture of your car on the dyno btw

Edit, after re-reading your upper post, Please don't go looking for a scape goat in your car mate, if your car is doing what it should under stock tune, and then down on power on Evolve, i would say pretty much its gotta be the tune mate.. Don't go changing a whole bunch of stuff chasing a red haring (fish thingy mate) <-- not really sure how you spell that. (car throwing any codes before/after tune?)

thing is id be willing to say to them "Sure ill change it, but in the end if that issue wasn't it, ill pass on the cost of those parts back to you). and thats the AWESOME thing of doing a dyno, how've got hard figures irrespective of the tune.

so please Matt, get /Them/ to sort it from their end.. (any headway on the new tune file?)
Main thing is we compared my stock graphs with other Z4 graphs from the same dyno, and mine seemed to be hurting in specific areas/low overall power on stock tune. I don't think it had adapted to the stock tune in the pulls we did but the drop in power from 7-8k was a little disconcerting.

I emailed them when I got home from the dyno, already had the new tune next morning, they were very fast on that! Still need to run it in more on the car, will probably dyno within the next couple weeks. I did also pull one of my plugs to take a peak, a bit more oily than I'd expect but not bad. Might replace those & clean the MAF, that never hurts.

New plate has been in for a while, but just snapped a pic today. Kind of feels like my car is cursed (always things going wrong) and also feels like I'm always saying "cursed z!" when I run into issues, so I thought this would be fun. A friend of mine has a dark blue built Z32 Nissan who also has continual problems. He also got "CURSEDZ"

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |
Appreciate 0