United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
I will just leave this here:

300+ mi on Evolve tune
Run 1 + 2 = Evolve Tune
Ran OE tune for approximately 5-6 varied dyno pulls before reaching these numbers
Run 10 + 11 = OE Tune

I expect the AFR on the OE tune would calm down a bit after further adapting and I also feel I may gain more HP there as well. This was only after a number of pulls while Evolve recommends a minimum of 15 miles, other recommend more. Contacted Evolve, we'll see what they say. The shop had a couple ideas what was going on but we'll see what Evolve thinks.

]
Can't say I am too surprised with this. My friend has the evolve tune on his e46 M3 and his car has never been right since he put the tune on it. Check engine lights, stalling, power dips all happened when the tune was installed. Working with Evolve was inpossible too... they kept sayinng he had to replace parts because it wasnt his tune so he did but the check engine light never went away. He took the tune off and everything went back to normal.

My buddy has their CSL intake on his m coupe and it is a nice quality piece so they do make good stuff. Their tunes just suck and they dont seem to want to fix them.

EPIC makes a great tune for our cars (friend has it on his m coupe with the CSL intake) and I have never had problems with my ESS tune.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 1