01-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #138
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
personally i don't think evolve have ever had a handle of tuning the z4m..... Way to many issues uncertified or left silent with no answer, great company but i wouldnt use them for my tuning needs on the e85/6 platform.
I actually purchased the Evolve-R (un-used/BNIB of course) from someone who bought from the group buy, but sold their Z4M before using it. Prior to purchasing the unit, I did research and came up with the old GB threads among others, showing some issues. I gave Evolve the benefit of the doubt that this had been sorted as over time more tuners have begun offering the Z4M tune. They're a big name and seem to know what they're doing, so I let optimism win.

On the upside, Evolve already got back to me and sent me another tune file to try out.

For what it's worth, one idea is that it's ignition related, in part due to the stock tune landing low and due to an awkward fluttering the car saw on the dyno under certain loads. Plugs were just changed out around 13-14k mi ago though, so I'm left scratching my head a bit. Otherwise, possible issue with coils or MAF perhaps? Only time (and some switching out of parts) will tell.

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |

Last edited by tiltmode43; 01-13-2016 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0