08-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
Skuronen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Garage List
Worst possible news for ABS Brake light DSC lights coming on

Yep...in case it happens to you, just thought I would provide the information you might need.

So, out of nowhere the ABS Brake Light (in yellow) and the DSC light come on. I search these forums for possible clues and find out the worst case scenario would be a faulty DSC module and Hydro unit. Unfortunately, that is what it turns out to be according to the BMW dealership and the codes the car is throwing.

5E19 DSC:Engine management: interface
5DF0 DSC: Hydraulic unit: pump motor
5DF1 DSC: Hydraulic unit: pump motor connector faulty

Total cost at dealership = $3394.44 (but they said they will give me a 15 percent discount...geez thanks)

Checking into my local indie shops now and will let you all know what they come back with. The part alone is at least 1500 (BM34-51-6-778-490)

Have not really heard of this happening to many cars on this forum. My 2007 only has 27k miles, so I am not sure of the cause of the problem. The dealership says they see them fail on occasion and that I am lucky I don't have a 6 series. (I am not exactly sure what part of lucky I am with this cost coming up)

Anyway, thought you should all know the facts I have around this problem for future reference.

Ugh.