Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 MC

Garage List
'03 e39 m sport  [0.00]
'08 mc  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
it's amazing, actually, how hard these cars are to find if you don't want black or blue and need low miles. crazy!
True indeed. So, what would your ideal Z4M find be? Max miles, color combo, and were talking stricly coupe right?

I love this comparo stuff....

Atleast the IS F would be close in terms of exclusiveness, which is a part of the attraction about the M Coupe - for me anyway. But I haven't driven one, cant opine on performance.

As for a newer Nissan Z - Coincidentally my bro bought a new one the week before i got my M coupe a few months ago and I drove his. We both paid the same for our cars, and mine had 16k miles on it for an '08. Yes those are new and japanese and will require vertually zero $ attention initially... but one thing to think about: in 18 months from now after you pay 35k (?) for a new Nissan, or 35k (?) for a lightly used and far more exclusive and higher performing M Coupe, i'd speculate that the 370z will most certainly be worth less than the M, even after maintenance costs on the M. You are further down the depreciation curve already in the M and its holding steady at these levels as you know...

And after driving that Z... sure its a fun, very capable weekend toy, & very much a good daily driver, but its probably more for the 'practical' sporting car enthusiast who wants reliability first, then performance second, and a car that wont totally consume its owner. The M is all about raw, higher performance and is more demanding of its owner, it really is a different ownership experience, one that also keeps you up until 11:30 on a sunday night reading threads...

Last edited by gtMc; 03-04-2012 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0