Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Villalona View Post
Why not buy an M to begin with?
Villalona was simply asking a question, not telling the forums that the M is the car for every single person on here. If your goal is M-like power and handling for the lowest price, buying an M from the beginning is the economical option. It's also OEM and maintains resale value. It is what it is. Just like non-M owners get sick of hearing about the M, there are M owners who get tired of reading responses about non-M owners defending their cars like there is a constant ///M-led squad assault with crew-served weapons. "I want an automatic" is a fine answer. "I can't afford it right now" or "I just want a custom car" are also okay. It's a fact that you will get more speed per dollar in the long run by buying an M. That's why he asked. It's not a knock. I liked my 3.0i so much I kept it when I bought an M, because I was too in love to let it go.

If it was me, I would get the AA tune. I've been more than thrilled with my tune. You'll get more power out of it than a stock 3.0si tune. With limited aftermarket options for the 3.0si, I would go all-out each step along the way so that you don't end up wanting a little bit more later. If headers are a possibility in the future, I would definitely get the AA tune now. Good luck and keep us posted!

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0