05-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #10
Arxangel
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe

Garage List
2006 Z4 3.0si  [8.50]
I am starting to get the feeling that most people in this forum don't know how to spell anything else than "why don't you just get an M", "thread fail", and "get an M, end thread" when other people start talking about swapping engines, ECUs, etc. Well ladies and gentlemen M drivers, let me tell you something using some of the words you understand: "Some of us do NOT want to get an M" (if we did, we would have). I do understand that upon reading the words "NOT" and "M" in the same sentence some of you M drivers would faint or go into an uncontrollable rage, but try to keep it together and read on. Some people simply do not want to get an M, either because they do not have the money, or because, as in my case, think that another model would be more practical and comfortable. Those of us, just want to do some mods, I repeat we do NOT want to get Ms no matter what the cost of the mods. And often when we ask for opinions on mods we clearly note that we do not wish to be advised to get Ms. Yet YOU do it anyway. If I had to guess I would say that half the posts in this forum consist of some variation of the phrase "just get an M". For your information, I would put twice as much money towards, for instance, and engine swap rather than buy an M. And I would even try and do it myself, maybe not on my Z4, I could get a 116i and do the engine swap myself, or get a 120i and tune the hell out of it, and I would still not get an M. I just like the idea, try and wrap your heads around the fact that some people prefer to do that rather than go for the M. This is exciting, its different, especially when none have done it since most of you have taken the easy way out and gotten an M.

I am not angry, I am not pointing fingers, but try and use your imaginations outside of the M box once in a while, because when I ask for help in the forum I want opinions and ideas on the tune in question, not advice on getting an M.

Last edited by Arxangel; 05-26-2011 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0