View Single Post
      10-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Rogue Engineering "Race Brace"

So I have been working with the guys at Rogue Engineering to make a set of front control arm bushings for the Z4M. While there I have fallen in love with this "Race Brace" and had to have one. I like that it was a no BS performance part, light and very strong! Not to mention it looks awesome but that just a bonus. Great so lets bolt it on! Not soo easy..
The issue is that although it looks very close to being able to fit when he put it on the my car it was no where near close. So Mason Engineering (the manufacturer of the Rogue Bars) shipped a raw e46 M3 bar for Ben to custom fit to my car. Turns out that it was a lot of work to fit but after Ben used his magic hands he was able to make it fit perfectly and it will have NO clearance issues all! No washers, no notches, no tight fit! The bar will bolt right on. So instead of just make it a one off he was convinced to make a production run of "Race Braces" for the Z4!

Here are some pics of the raw bar being prototyped on my car. The bar has been test fitted on my brothers car today to confirm fitment and has no been shipped to Mason to make the last modifications and to make the jig.

I am going to try and set up a group buy for these for the community. The non- group buy price should be very similar to the E46 bar. Let me know who would be interested.

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0