02-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #9
Vojta89
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirko View Post
There should be a difference that can be felt between sport on and off. Even with a tune I can still feel the difference. Sport on is way too twitchy for me.

Maybe try unplugging the battery and allowing adaptions to reset. Might help.

BMW should be able to flash the ECU back to stock.
Just had to change the battery, because it was parked for a year, so disconnecting was done. I was driving this exact car many times before and it always acted like this.

In sport mode it's almost impossible to start smooth from zero. For me it's like there is 0% throttle and 1 mm later it's 20% throttle. You just start very fast or have to burn the clutch... was stucked in traffic jam today

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlin View Post
It may be stuck in sport mode for some reason, I havent had it happen but the above poster is right. There is a very big difference from normal to sport mode, I can tell right away when Its on or off even without looking at the button.
Thanks for reply, I have to visit BMW dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Definitely something off as people have mentioned. I make it a habit to turn on the sport mode button as soon as I turn the car on (always drive with it ON), and can certainly tell within a few stabs of the accelerator if I forgot to turn it on.
I prefer linear throttle response, but it seems there is something wrong in my car. Really liked how was M3 E46 acting in Normal mode when it was stock, but this Z4M is acting really crazy

Last edited by Vojta89; 02-27-2017 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 0