Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsonism View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Sorry, I really hate to think this way, but I can guess what the outcome of this will be.

Since the shop is in full control and only they know what's happening.......
They will find what they screwed up, fix it, blame the tune and not tell you what they did.
And then dump a major bill in your lap to pay before they give you the car back.
That's where I have already argued with them ensuring that something like this doesn't happen. I do not have the money to invest into this car past what I have already committed to and although they have not responded to me in regards to the updates after the original map has been installed, I have a hard time seeing where they'll come up with another bill and then even if it does, that bill will be reviewed and a warranty issued otherwise I likely won't drive away with the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
I feel the same way, do you have a good understanding of the laws regarding mechanic's liens in your state?

You probably signed a contract when the car entered the workshop. Good place to start but state or federal law may superseded parts of it.

If they gave you a lower car, did you sign anything that might make you liable for the costs of the rental or mileage?

I am educating myself rather quickly and seeking help wherever I find trouble. There are a couple of options out there for myself and I really hope that one of them will work out. More-so I really hope that this will not come to that and things will be resolved peacefully, however from my understanding that's really not looking very possible nor plausible regardless of how much patience I seem to exert.

They did give me a loaner car and when they did the first two times I had filled out the paperwork but on the third one (the last loaner car that I was using) I had not filled out any initial paperwork and I was asked to complete the paperwork at the time they picked up the loaner car but due to the circumstance I did not fill out said paperwork. I cannot offer more details on that situation at this time.
Dude, I understand your position. But unless you really have an a huge compassion for this shop and an understanding how this project might be affecting their cash flow I think you are avoiding the inevitable. Perhaps the sooner you recognize this, the sooner you can move on to the next step.
Appreciate 0