arggg45
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: fairly quickly.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
BMW's pretty shrewd by attempting to rope in would-be buyers with the "we're only doing it for 1 year run." Why would they spend their research money to just do a 1 year run? I suspect there may be changes next year that'll make their statement passable... like maybe dropping in a REAL M engine?

Regardless it's going to be an awesome bit of kit, yet conservative enough to be driven around as a sleeper car. For that I'd be game.

I think the difference between the 135i & the 1M will be significant enough to justify the purchase. But with the Z4M as a more focused sportscar, I'd rather put my money on one (@ a fraction of the price) and then wait a couple of years for the 1M to depreciate. There will still be a glut on the market then IF BMW really didn't extend the production run.

...my 2¢
They have confirmed multiple times that it is only a 1 year ~1500 model production run, and they are shifting production to the new 1series platform, which as of yet, does not have a M model.